Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sharing your faith outside of church?


How many times to people in ministry get outside of the walls of the church and get a chance to really visit with someone? Visit about life? Visit about interest? Visit about faith? Yesterday I had the great opportunity to see some friends, some old and some new while shooting a movie (more about that later). The best part of the visits was that some of the people did not know about my faith, about my career in ministry, and about who I was. When people, some people some of the time, don't know you are in ministry, they seem to talk different, joke different, and express themselves in different ways. After they learn that you are in ministry, their language and physical body language changes. They treat you different. Not better or worse, just different. Why is that? Why is it that they will talk one way around strangers and one way around people form their own church? I think everyone of faith should take time each and every week and talk to new people about their faith. I don't mean go to a homeless shelter or soup kitchen (although we all need to do that more often), I mean meet people in a restaurant, a movie theatre, or your favorite shop and express your faith openly. And in the spirit of John Wesley "Share the Gospel, and if necessary, use words."

Go and share the Gospel and your faith with those you meet today. And if necessary, use words.


Please pray for me as I pray for you and your ministry.

Eric
http://www.theministrygroup.com/

No comments: